Silverlight 5 Build

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Hello,

When will be available a Silverlight 5 build of WCF Data Services with the features present in the WCF Data Services October 2011 CTP?

It is possible to have the updated sources of the WCF Data Services October 2011 CTP build?

Thanks,

Andrei

Dec 23, 2011 at 5:22 PM

I second Andrei's question - we're wanting to update to SL5 for TPL and other things, but can't because I have yet to be able to figure out how to get the October 2011 CTP to work it and VS2010.  Anyone have an ETA?

Dec 23, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Even if the sources are not compiled specifically for Silvetlight 5, the CPT is working good at runtime. Anyway the designer is not able to generate code for the Service Reference, but I discovered you can make it work adding this regustry key:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Data Framework\DataServices\Silverlight\5.0]
"DataServicesClientAssembly"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft WCF Data Services October 2011 CTP\\bin\\Silverlight\\Microsoft.Data.Services.Client.dll"
"SpatialAssembly"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft WCF Data Services October 2011 CTP\\bin\\Silverlight\\System.Spatial.dll"
"ODataLibraryAssembly"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft WCF Data Services October 2011 CTP\\bin\\Silverlight\\Microsoft.Data.OData.dll"
"DataServicesSingleFileGeneratorAdapterAssembly"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft WCF Data Services October 2011 CTP\\bin\\.NETFramework\\Microsoft.VsDesigner.DataServices.Adapter.dll"

Andrei

Dec 23, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Thanks so much - that worked!  You are quite clever for figuring that out.